Project Location: District Lasbela, UC Sonmiani, Village Bahra
Project Duration: 14 Months (Feb-2006 to April-2007)
Project cost: Rs. 30,12,970.00/ PKR
Funded by: Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF)
Collaboration: Indus Earth Trust
Project Objectives and Outcomes:
Safe Drinking Water (RO Plant)
- Construction of Water Channels and Water Ponds.
- Hand Pumps Installation
- Construction of Water Tanks.
- Easy water supply facility to women and children
- Installation of 22x latrines in order to improve the health and hygiene situation. Different types of advocacy sessions were conducted to disseminate health hygiene related issues.
Street Lights (Solar)
- The project was aimed to provide electricity in the remote areas where there is no light facility so far.
- The project is providing electric facilities in schools, dispensary and community halls in deprived areas of UC Sonmiani.